Thursday, June 14, 2012

Kagrra,

Kagrra, is definitely one of my favorite Japanese Band of all time. They were originally named "Crow" but the group changed its name when they signed to PS Company in 2000. The band's major debut was in 2004 with the single "Urei". Their most successful single, Utakata (which peak at 20th on the Oricon Chart, if I'm not wrong), is the first song that I heard from Kagrra, and remains as one of my favorite songs. 

Unfortunately they had disbanded T.T
I really love Kagrra,'s music and their concept that was called "Neo Japanese" where they incorporated traditional Japanese clothing styles and traditional Japanese instruments in their songs. Sadly, they were "demise" in November 2010 after more than 10 years togetherThe band released one last CD and held a final tour at the Shibuya C.C. Lemon Hall in Tokyo. On July 25, 2011, it was announced that vocalist Isshi died in his home on July 18, 2011, weep out all my hope that Kagrra,'s going to ever comeback again.


Their last concert

Kagrra,'s disbandment is one of case where I feel some kind of resentment to mainstream music and music industry. In my opinion, they have a very beautiful and unique music and had receive lots of compliment for it. Sadly, their music wasn't appealing to mainstream public. I suspicious that they had to "demise" due to their low album sales. They don't have beautiful faces like other more successful bands but I think the beauty of their music is not lost to any bands. -_-.

It's a pity if lots of people never hear their music, so I would like to share some links to their songs and their videos. Here it is:

Utakata


You could download it here

Satsuki



Sakura Zukiyo



Omou



Shiki


Uzu



Sakebi


You could download this song here

I Miss their music T.T

Reactions:

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Beautiful music and lyrics.

    ReplyDelete