Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My Personal Top 10 Best Movies of 2012

I know, I know. This is too late. But better late than nothing. I haven't seen all 2012 movies so you would not find Looper, Lincoln, Argo, the Cabin in the Woods, or any movie that you think would be the best movies in 2012 because I haven't watch it. So, my list is pretty much like this:

10. Les Miserables



Some would find this movie good, some would feel it bad. This movie is pretty artsy. If you're not someone who would watch a movie where 99% of its dialogue or monologue is in song (they really communicate with tunes to each other. They even sing before they die), please don't watch this! But as someone who appreciate great acting performance (particularly Anne Hathaway and Hugh Jackman), of course I like this movie.

9. Life of Pi



Visually stunning, great actors, great script even though not as touching as I was expected. But still, I really respect Ang Lee for bring this thought-to-be-impossible-to-film movie to big screen.

8. Skyfall 

Great action scene, amazing cinematography, balance between humors and tension, good acting and good villain. This is the Bond movie that I really want to see.

7. The Perks of Being a Wallflower



Probably one of the most underrated movie in 2012. I really love this film because it's emotionally moving and I can relate it to myself. Logan Lerman and Erza Miller's performance in this movie are great. We are infinite!

6. Silver Lining Playbook



This movie about two people with problems that came to love each other managed to change my point of view. Great acting and great script. Touching and funny at once. I love Jennifer Lawrence in this movie.

5. The Avengers



One of the most memorable line in 2012:
Captain America: Big man in a suit of armor. Take that away and what are you?
Iron Man: Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist.
But the character that I love the most in this movie is The Hulk and Black Widow

4. The Hobbit: Unexpected Journey



I love Gandalf and for me, all movies with more Gandalf screen time are great movies (I absolutely agree to Jeremy Jahns about this). Moreover, I really love Martin Freeman in this movie that made me feels that he is the only Bilbo Baggins that I want to see and can't wait to see The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug this December.

3. The Dark Knight Rises



Do you really need any words from me about why I place this movie as one of my personal top 10 best movies in 2012?

2. Django Unchained



Django is badass, Dr. King Schultz is badass, Candie and Stephen are even more badass.  Then we got this badass movie.

1. Wreck-it Ralph



I love animation movie. I love games. So please don't hate me for putting this movie on the top of my list because it's a perfect combination of animation with a lot of games characters in it. Moreover, this animation was surprisingly deep, make me cry everytime I watch it again because I can relate myself to the characters.

Okay. So that is my list. How about yours?

Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment