Saturday, March 30, 2013

Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)

I won't pretend that I'm an expert on music because I'm not. I'm just a music enthusiast that love to share my thought about it. This time, I would talk about one of the new song from Fall Out Boy, from their latest album, Save Rock and Roll. But first, here are the lyrics (credit to plyrics.com):

B-b-be careful making wishes in the dark (dark)
Can't be sure when they've hit their mark (mark)
And besides in the meantime I'm just dreaming of tearing you apart

I'm in the de-de-tails with the devil
So now the world can never get me on my level
I just got to get you out the cage
I'm a young lovers rage
Gonna need a spark to ignite

My songs know what you did in the dark
So light em up up up, Light em up up up, Light em up up up
I'm on fire
So light em up up up, Light em up up up, Light em up up up
I'm on fire
(In the dark dark, in the dark dark)

All the writers keep writing what they write
Somewhere another pretty vein just dies
I've got the scars from tomorrow and I wish you could see
That you're the antidote to everything except for me

A constellation of tears on your lashes
Burn everything you love
Then burn the ashes
In the end everything collides
My childhood spat back out the monster that you see

My songs know what you did in the dark
So light em up up up, Light em up up up, Light em up up up
I'm on fire
So light em up up up, Light em up up up, Light em up up up
I'm on fire
(In the dark dark, in the dark dark)

My songs know what you did in the dark
My songs know what you did in the dark
So light em up up up, Light em up up up, Light em up up up
I'm on fire
So light em up up up, Light em up up up, Light em up up up
I'm on fire
(In the dark dark, in the dark dark)
I'm really bad at interpreting Pete Wentz's lyrics. :-). What is this song about? Are Fall Out Boy telling us to light up their song and that now they're on fire about their comeback? (laugh).

What's on your mind when you're write this song, Pete Wentz? What is it about? What? You don't want to tell me?
This is the video on YouTube:


This is one interesting acoustic performance of this song with only Patrick and Andy:


Gosh.. I really love Patrick's voice (how many times that I write that in my blog? >///<.). 

Personally, I really love this song. I can't dig it well at first since it's different from what I usually hear from Fall Out Boy. But gradually I think this song is amazing. A blend of modern punk with classic rock touch (I particularly like when Patrick sing, "I'm on fire" lyrics, kind of remind me of oldies song :-).

They also come with interesting music video that show some mean women and a man burn Fall Out Boys' equipment, a briefcase, CDs, and some books/magazine. In the end, they show the blindfolded and tied Fall Out Boys in the back of a van. This will be followed by other music video that continue the storyline. Interesting right? You can download the music video for this song here.

What do you think about this song? Do you like it or not?

Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment