Monday, October 21, 2013

Fall Out Boy Save Rock and Roll Tour in Jakarta - Live Concert Report

I've known Fall Out Boy since 2004, after I stumble upon their song "Chicago is Two Years Ago" from their "Take This to Your Grave" album that was recommended by my friend in Multiply. At that time I want to expand my music's taste and began  to collect several songs from unknown indie bands, including Fall Out Boy. I quickly like Patrick's voice because it sounds so cute and so young in that song (errr... I can't really explain why I said a person's voice as "so young". I just thought that his voice wasn't mature yet at that time, you know. Clearly sounds like a teenager voice). I wasn't search anything about them or try to download more songs from them after that though.

I first notice them properly after "Sugar, We're Going Down" was released. That's the first time I see them in a music video. But it's not until they release "Dance Dance" that I became a big fan. Since that, I've been collecting all of their songs, including the bonus track and b-side. I couldn't see them live in 2007 so I swear to see them the next time they come to Indonesia. Yesterday, I finally fulfilled my promise. Okay, now I would tell you about  my experience.

I came to the live concert venue at 2 pm. There are a lot of people that already queued in front of Skenoo Hall.


The queue at 2 pm
There are official merchandise booth but sadly due to constraint budget, I ended up not buying anything >///<. The gate was open at 7 pm and we waited patiently. I don't know why, there's problem with the queue in every concert from Big Daddy Entertainment that I attended. Because the queue wasn't in orderly fashion and people rushed to the front stage, there are people step in my feet and my shoes ripped off . T^T.  Wow. This is the second time that I experience such a "passionate" fellow audience. Almost all live concert that I attended before was pretty safe and without accident so it's kind of surprise me. 

We started calling out Fall Out Boy in the live venue and at about 07.30 pm, they started to show a video from @FallOutBoy_INA. We sang along to all songs in the video so it's pretty fun. Unfortunately the audio of the video is not good that I barely hear anything the fans said. Fall Out Boy showed up a little bit late, I think around 8.10 pm. As soon as the live concert started, the atmosphere became pretty intense. I don't know what's they call it. Moshing? People begin to push and slam into each other. It's pretty fun, but it's pretty dangerous too. My right toe is broken because some people step on it. Ouch! And I was afraid someone could steal anything from my bag too so I step backward. Fortunately, it made me could see Fall Out Boy more clearly. When i was in the front, people is too crowded and jostling each others that I couldn't really see them properly. Here are the concert setlist:

  1. The Phoenix
  2. I Sleep with Someone in Fall Out Boy and All I Got was This Stupid Song Written About Me
  3. A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More "Touch Me"
  4. This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arm Race
  5. Alone Together
  6. Thriller
  7. Death Valley
  8. Sugar, We're Going Down
  9. Beat It
  10. Young Volcanoes
  11. I'm Like a Lawyer with the Way I'm Always Trying to Get You Off
  12. Grand Theft Autumn/Where is Your Boy
  13. Drum Solo
  14. Dance, Dance
  15. Just One Yesterday
  16. I Don't Care
  17. My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)
  18. Save Rock and Roll
  19. Thnks fr th Mmrs
  20. Saturday
Since I was focused in enjoying the performance, it might not be accurate. Please correct me if I'm wrong about the setlist. There is Joe's guitar solo but I'm not sure when. Maybe after This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arm Race. Here are some photos from the concert. All photos are owned by Picturesque Scene. If you want to see all the photos, just visit her Tumblr.

Cute Patrick. Credit to: Picturesque Scene

Handsome Pete. Credit to: Picturesque Scene
Lovely Joe and his afro. Credit to: Picturesque Scene
I don't know why, I never expect that Andy is this handsome. Credit to: Picturesque Scene

Acoustic Performance of Me &You. Credit to: Picturesque Scene

I think this is during "Save Rock and Roll". Credit to: Picturesque Scene

A fan throw this hat to the stage. Patrick pick it up and put it on Pete. Sweet. Credit to: Picturesque Scene
I barely hear what Pete or Patrick said because the sound system was not good and fans around me was too noisy. I can only hear the part where Pete said that he took 19 hours flight from Los Angeles to Jakarta just to see us and how it's all payed off when he saw our enthusiasm. He also said that there are lots of Indonesian fans that ask them to Jakarta, that's why they decide to come back and do live concert here again. I think Patrick's voice was a little bit hoarse when he speak. Despite this, his voice is really good when he sing. I love it. He's so cute >////< (I'm a big fan of Patrick Stump). I really hope he would glance at me but out eyes never meet. The one whom eyes meet my gaze was Pete >///<. By the way, Pete come to the front at the end of the concert and shake hands with some fans.

If I had complains about this live concert, those are the sound systems and the audience. This is the 3rd time I saw live concert in Skenoo Hall and the sound system is never sound clear to me.When Andy throw his sticks, the audience got excited and jostling each other to get it. Unfortunately, there is a girl near me that fell because someone push her *angry*. Moreover, when she fell some audience knock her head with their feet, hence her forehead was hurt and bleeding *really angry*. Her friends then brought her outside. I'm worried about her. I hope she's okay. As a fellow fans, I understand the excitement to get a stick or guitar pick from our favorite artist. But please consider the safety of people around you too.

Overall the live concert is fun, amazing and I'm satisfied with their performance. All fans are really passionate, we sang along to all songs. I can't stop singing their songs in my boarding house because it remind me of the memories when I saw them yesterday. I'm really tired, my voice is hoarse, and my toe is hurt but I don't regret it.

Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment