Sunday, October 27, 2013

Hunter x Hunter

Hunter x Hunter is one of my favorite manga when I was in University. It is another manga made by Yoshihiro Togashi, the author of YuYu Hakusho. That's why I'm pretty excited when I first read it. Personally, I like Hunter x Hunter more than YuYu Hakusho. I guess both of those manga have interesting premise but I like characters from Hunter x Hunter more. Unfortunately Hunter x Hunter had been on hiatus several times which make me lost contact and do not follow the story development for a long time. The latest hiatus began after the publication of Chapter 340 in March 2012, with no announced resumption date. T^T.

Killua and Gon. One of the best friendship ever. Both are cute and extremely talented.
Hunter x Hunter follow the story of Gon Freecss, a 12 years-old boy that determined to be a hunter to follow the step of his father, Ging Freecss. Hunters are licensed, elite members of humanity who are capable of tracking down secret treasures, rare beasts, or even other individuals and Ging is a renowned Hunter. Gon assumed that hunter must be a really interesting jobs because instead spending his time with Gon, his father choose to travel and do his job as hunter.
Cute Gon. Honest, simple-minded and determined.
Through his journey, Gon became friend with Kurapika, the last remaining member of the Kurta clan who wishes to become a Hunter in order to avenge his clan and recover their scarlet-glowing eyes; Leorio, a prospective physician who wants money to attend medical school  and Killua, a fellow 12 years-old boy which come from an elite family of assassins.

Kurapika, Gon, Killua and Leorio

My favorite character in Hunter x Hunter is Killua Zoldyck. He looks like a cheeky, mischievous and cheerful character but honestly he's one of the darkest character in this manga -deadly and violent. Having been tortured since birth, Killua has been conditioned to possess extreme tolerance for poison, electricity and pain. He possesses extraordinary agility and strength that makes Killua a one-man killing machine — definitely not one to be trifled with. Conflicting with this side of him is his natural kindness and his loyalty to his friend, particularly to Gon. He's so cute when he's embarrassed by Gon compliment or when he had a quarrel with him. 
Killua is so cute. I want a little brother like him... Hmmm... Wait a minute... I don't want my brother had predispose to kill.
Hunter x Hunter had been adapted to 2 animation, one in 1999 and the other start from 2011. I love the 2011 version more because it's more faithful to the manga and had better animation. I really hope the hiatus will end soon so I could read the continuation of the story.

Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment