Sunday, October 27, 2013

Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)

Right now, Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) is one of my favorite manga. I first hear about it after Shou-kun, vocalist of one of my favorite band, Alice Nine, ever talk about its anime in his tweet. But I didn't know much about this manga until I went to AFAID 2013 because there are lots of people cosplayed characters from it. The cosplayers are cool enough, hence made me interested to the anime. I really like the anime therefore I search for its manga, moreover it's available in my country. So far only the first 3 volumes of the manga went on sale in Indonesia with the 4th volume expected to be on sale next month.

Attack on Titan

Characters in Attack on Titan
The manga follow the story of Eren Yeager, his adoptive sister, Mikasa Ackerman, and his bestfriend, Armin Alert in the war between Human vs Titan, a giantic humanoid creatures that hunt and eat human. To protect humanity from titan, 100 years prior the beginning of the story human build 3 walls to defend themselves which consist of Wall Maria, Wall Rose and Wall Shina. Inside these walls, humanity lived in peace for one hundred years, but a sudden attack by a gigantic sixty-meter Titan and a smaller Titan covered in armor plates caused the outermost wall to be breached, forcing mankind to abandon the land between Wall Maria and Wall Rose, resulting in turmoil and famine. After her mother death in the hands of a Titan, resulted by the breaching of the Wall Maria, Eren vows revenge and determined to eradicate all Titans. Eren, Mikasa and Armin later enlist in military and eventually made it to the Survey Corps. It is later revealed that Eren as well as several characters in the manga could transform into Titan. Wow... there are so many questions in this manga that has yet to be answered. Made me curious.


The main protagonist, Eren Yeager. He's so cute, hotheaded with unbreakable spirit.
What I really like from this manga is the freedom spirit that radiated from its characters and humanity as a whole. They refuse to surrender against a more powerful and bigger enemies, the Titans. Even the first opening song, Guren no Yumiya, is very uplifting. The development of 3D maneuver gear made human possible to kill a Titan and the movement of the soldier while using this gear looks so cool. I also love the relationship between the characters, particularly the relationship between Eren, Mikasa and Armin.

Mikasa Ackerman. Rank first in the 104 squad. She is considered as a prodigy, a genius that excels in everything.
Beautiful Mikasa. She's really protective of Eren because Eren has save her life in the past.
Armin, Eren and Mikasa's bestfriend. Although physically frail and sometimes lack confidence, his brilliant planning, tactics and deduction made his opinions respected even by high ranking officer.

Cool Levi-Hanchou <3. My favorite Character from this manga along with Mikasa
Levi is known as humanity's most powerful soldier and head of an elite squad in the Survey Corps. He is a clean-freak
Even though there's things that I don't approve in this manga, I really consider it as one of the candidate of my favorite manga all of time (along with Death Note, 20th Century Boys and Full Metal Alchemist). But since this manga has yet to ended, I will delay my judgement until I knew its ending. Ho ho ho. I think this manga and its anime is quite popular right now. Have you ever read or watch it?

Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment