Saturday, July 12, 2014

My Beloved Country, Indonesia

Indonesia maps
Indonesia is a highly heterogeneous country, consist of many ethnics, cultures and heritages. We also have many, many beautiful places. But when my friends travel abroad, people in foreign country generally doesn't know anything about Indonesia. They often said, "Indonesia, where is it? Which part of Bali this so-called Indonesia is?" *facepalm. How can they don't know about our country when it is so big, located between 2 famous continents (Asia and Australia) and 2 famous oceans (Indian and Pacific)?

Karimun Jawa
Karimun Jawa

Karimun Jawa
When I was in Junior High School, I often chat with foreigners through MIRC. Since then I have to deal with the fact that my country is not famous. I don't remember how many times I've surprised or shocked my chatting friends when I told them that with more than 17,000 islands, Indonesia is absolutely the largest archipelago in the world. We are the fourth most populous country with natural biodiversity, flora and fauna riches that only second to Brazil. While other countries was war-torn by differences in religions or language, Indonesia is relatively peaceful even thought we have 5 religions and hundreds of traditional language.

Labuan Bajo

Komodo Dragon

Labuan Bajo
Of course Indonesia is not perfect as does every country in the world. Corruption, collusion, some citizens' mentality, there are so many complaints that I got for it. But I still feel blessed because I live and born as an Indonesia citizens. One of my biggest dream is not only traveling all around the world but also exploring all the beautiful corners of Indonesia. Wish me luck!

Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment