Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Winner


Winner.
From left to right:Song Minho, Kim Jinwoo, Nam Taehyun, Kang Seungyoon, Lee Seunghoon
I'm not an avid fan of K-pop. It's safe to say that most of K-pop songs are not my cup of tea. However, I do know several things about K-pop, owing to the fact that my friends and my sisters love South Korean music. My first sister is a fan of 2NE1, my second sister is a fan of BEAST and BTOB. My female friends are crazy about BTS, Infinite, VIXX, EXO, Super Junior and a bunch of other boybands. My male friends mostly like Girls Generation and a few others love 4 minute, KARA or Sistar. I've heard some of their songs but only like several of it. I only like a few of South Korean musicians. Most of them are in YG Entertainment, i.e Epik High, Big Bang, 2NE1 and most recently, Akdong Musician. Other than that, I only like CN Blue and FT Island. But right now, there's 1 boyband that I think will make it to the list of my favorite. Their name is Winner and I think they almost win my heart.

Winner.
From left to right:Kang Seungyoon, Lee Seunghoon, Kim Jinwoo, Song Minho, Nam Taehyun,
Winner was born from the reality show WIN: Who is Next in 2013. Eleven male trainee are divided into team A and team B, battled to win and finally debut. Team A won the show and establish themselves as Winner, the 2nd boyband from YG Entertainment after Big Bang. I didn't really follow them so i don't know what I could expect. But yesterday, Tablo & YG Family tweet the video of their debut album and I decided to check it out.  I'm glad I did. At first, I don't really like it. But after 2, 3, 4, 5 times listening to their songs, I finally love it. I have this "hooked on a feeling" after watched their TV show, Winner TV. You could search it on Youtube or get the link here. The video have English subs to it. Just click the "CC" from the options.


Winner is consist of 5 talented boys:




Kang Seung Yoon is the current leader of Winner. Even before his debut with this boyband, Seung Yoon is already quite popular because he took part in Superstar K2 (a music competition in South Korea like American Idol. He finished in 4th place) and have already release several singles. Beside being one of the vocals in Winner, he also play guitar and compose songs. When asked what feature from himself that is the number 1 among Winner members, he said that he is the skinniest. In Nico-Nico Douga show, he said that he has the sexiest body line among the members (laugh). He also love to play billiard. Other members think that he doesn't get along well with the maknae, Nam Tae Hyun. But he himself said that he's most comfortable to spend time with Tae Hyun because their similar background. If you ask me, I would say that his voice has this rockish and wild feeling that contrast with the voice of Jin Woo or Tae Hyun.

Lee Seung Hoon


Lee Seung Hoon, is the rapper, singer and dance choreographer of  Winner. Just like Kang Seung Yoon, he is already quite popular before debut because he took part in a similar competition called K-pop Star and finished in 4th place. When asked what feature from himself that is the number 1 among Winner members, he said that he is the cutest. A ha! I agree. I personally love him because he has this funny personality. In Nico Nico Douga show he said that he has the biggest Adam's apple in Winner. Contrast to the other rapper in the group, Song Min Ho who has more heavy timbre, Seung Hoon's voice is more light and high. 


Song Min Ho

He looks like GD here



Song Min Ho, also known as Mino, is the rapper of Winner. With the fellow rapper Lee Seung Hoon, he is called Dumb and Dumber brother because they got this happy and funny personality. When they was in Japan, both of them visit Kawagoe and persuade grannies there to dance along with them. Ha ha ha. When asked what feature from himself that is the number 1 among Winner members, he said that his hair dried faster than other members. He also said that he has the most powerful voice among Winner's members. Many people said that Mino looks like GD and Tae Yang. Sometimes he can also looks like TOP. I second that. What do you think?

Kim Jin Woo



Kim Jin Woo is the vocalist of Winner and has the longest time of being a trainee among them. Even though he is the oldest member, he's in charge of Aegyo in this group. When asked what feature from himself that is the number 1 among Winner members, he said that he has the biggest eyes among them. All the other member said that Jin Woo is the most handsome one in Winner, while he himself think that Nam Tae Hyun is the most handsome. He has this naive and innocent personality that make him prone to the prank of the other members. He also had a bad sense of direction, that's why he often lost if he goes by himself. His voice has this kind of soft and smooth feeling.

This is not a picture of Mino and his girlfriend. The one in the left is Kim Jin Woo acting as the female antagonist for their parody of "The Heirs". He's prettier than me (crying)





Nam Tae Hyun is the main vocalist in Winner. He has this unique face among Korean so it's fair to assume that he stand out among other members. Yoo In Na said that he looks like a male fairy. He has a complex about his slant eyebrow that made people often misunderstood him. That's because his eyebrow often make him look sad or mad even though he's not. Ha ha ha. Even though he's the maknae (the youngest member), he looks to have more mature personality than his hyungs. When asked what feature from himself that is the number 1 among Winner members, he said that he has the weirdest personality. In Nico-Nico Douga show, it is revealed that he also has the biggest hands in Winner. Seung Hoon said that when they're in Japan, their fans only called them, "Winner..... Winner" when Seung Hoon and Mino was passing by. But as soon as their fans fans spot Tae Hyun, they were screaming, "Tae Hyun-san! Tae Hyun-san!", that make both of rapper surprise. 



Here are 2 videos of their songs from the first album S/S, Empty and Color Ring:



Watch it, then tell me your opinion about their music! I've already purchased their album and my favorite song from them is Different & Smile Again.

All members of Winner take part in writing and compose their songs

Their first advertisement





I hope they will be around for a long time, accomplish many great things and keep make good songs.

Disclaimer:  All the pictures above is not mine. I just googled it. Credit to the owner and first uploader.

Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment